Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Catherine's new role


In Sunday's paper there was a small feature on Catherine Martin. Art director and costume designer for her husband Baz Luhrmann's films Moulin Rouge, Romeo and Juliet and more recently Australia, and deservingly the winner of a slew of awards including two Oscars.



Catherine's launched a beautiful interior collection of rugs for Designer Rugs, paints and wallpapers for Porters Paints, and now she's taking on a new role as guest editor of Vogue Living magazine. She is a super mum. Catherine is one of those people, like Florence Broadhurst, who make us proud to call ourselves Australian.


The gorgeous nursery Viv created for her son using Catherine's wallpaper.
You can see more
here.

In the article she talks about her biggest challenge, interviewing her hero, design legend Philippe Starck. Thanks to Catherine, this months issue takes on a French flair. I'm really looking forward to that!

11 comments:

  1. Am so loving Catherine's wallpapers and yes, Broadhurst certainly comes to mind. So exciting to see such talent - and a wonderful bonus she is an Aussie. Totally loving this circus paper and have been SO tempted by it... Hallelujah and thank the heavens wallpaper is BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance her papers or rugs will become available in the States?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Her work is just beautiful. So incredibly fun and whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice surprise! Thank you for posting a photo of my son's nursery :)

    The rug in the second photo is on my wish list. I've got no place to put it though.

    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a very talented lady, I love her movie set designs. I'll have to pick up that issue of Vogue Living. Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to hear from all you lovely ladies. L, I'm not sure about that but I'll look into it for you.

    x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received my issue last night and nearly wet my pants - the front cover alone is just delicious! It is a brilliant Vogue Living issue, and that is for the images alone, haven't even read the articles yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah, I'm officially in love with that white and red wallpaper. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amanda,

    Thanks for the heads up on the Catherine Martin issue of VL. The issue is amazing! Hope you are well.

    xx
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous blog Amanda! I love Catherine's works...I'm just about to head out to buy the most recent Vogue Living which I believe is a French inspired issue with Catherine on the cover.

    Thanks for following by the way.
    x Kate

    ReplyDelete