
Images via
Young Australian artist, Meredith Gaston creates these beautifully whimsical artworks. I’ve blogged about my love for her pieces before; my husband and I bought a watercolour from her collection for our wedding anniversary last year, but I thought it would be fun sharing more of her imaginative and colourful works.
A bit about love Part 1 and 270 x 70cm Acrylic on Belgian linen
Meredith grew up in Sydney with an architect for a father and a seamstress for a mother. She spent her childhood in extravagant handmade dresses, a collaboration of her mothers’ expertise and Meredith’s drawings. Her passion for drawing began as soon as she could hold a pencil. Albert Camus said that artists simply reproduce the first few images that touched them as children or that first accessed their hearts. This is true for Meredith, she says, "My art is about happiness and celebrates magic in its everyday sense. The imagery with which I dabble seems to run along a series of narratives that link to my childhood, and to the imaginary world to which I constantly retreat."

Floating with feather and With Russian doll watercolours
Keeping with her life philosophy – to make the most of each and every day and to notice the beauty in simple pleasures, her paintings celebrate the joy found in life’s magic moments. People interacting with animals, wishing trees, and hillside houses all recur in Meredith’s drawings and paintings. Her most recent collection shares her love of swans (and mine too!) featuring her alter ego, Ms Swan. She loves long brunches, petal costumes and most of all, her love interest Mr Moose.
100 x 100cm Acrylic on canvas
Featured in Inside Out, Harpers Bazaar and Vogue Living, and showcasing exhibits in high profile galleries in both Sydney and Melbourne, Meredith’s enchanted artworks are receiving international recognition.
Image via
What do you think of Meredith's work? I just love this frame above featuring a series of her work, I'd love to collect more of her watercolours. You can view more at Kinder Gallery.

"The Picnic" is precious!
ReplyDeleteTrish @ www.TheOldPostRoadBLOG.blogspot.com
Meredith's work is gorgeous. I love the little house watercolour. So pretty! Thanks for sharing Amanda.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Meredith is an old friend of mine! She does the most beautiful paintings. So great to see her doing so well & i was so excited to discover your post about her & her work! Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteLaura :)
So lovely and colorful, love her style! Thanks for the introduction.
ReplyDeleteI love Meridiths work, thanks for posting about her, she's so talented.
ReplyDeleteThey're lovely! I wonder if she would ship to the US? These have such a happy and easy quality to them. Thanks for posting about her!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you all love her work too :)
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing Laura! Thanks for stopping by.
Acorn Dandelion and Rose, I'm sure Kinder Gallery would be happy to ship to the US. The currency exchange would make it very worthwhile too! Angela there is lovely to deal with.
x Amanda
Meredith's artwork is so sweet. I adore it!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great three day weekend?!