Friday, October 9, 2009

{Zack's Bedroom Tour}

Kate from the blog and shop The Enchanted Closet, invited us into her home in Woodend, Victoria for a tour of her son's room. Pop by her blog for a visit and say hi.


Who lives here: Zack, 9 years old

Describe your style: I think my style is boyish but Mum is the decorator, with some of my ideas mixed in.

Where do you find inspiration: I really like red and blue, so I like these colours used in my room.

What's your favourite piece in your bedroom: Umm, my collection of snowdomes are my favourite things and all the lego things I build. I also love my big bed, it is so comfortable.

What are your favourite shopping haunts: I don't really like shopping but I asked Mum and she said most of my furniture is vintage and she loves places like The Mill in Daylesford, Victoria for old furniture. Provincial Living, Bed Bath & Table and Ikea are where other bits and pieces come from in my bedroom.

Are there any heirloom pieces: The horse painting was my great nan and pop's which they bought a long time ago.

What has been your most extravagant purchase: Mum said there was nothing too extravagant in my room, it was all a bit of a bargain really.

Your best bargain buys: Mum says the vintage style surfers pillowcases were a steal at $5 each from Bed, Bath & Table on sale.

Are you coveting anything: A Playstation 3 and a drum kit- sorry I couldn't think of anything I need for my room. Mum said to say a mural of the world map that covers an entire wall.

Are there any handmade touches: Mum painted the ‘Z’ on the wall and did up the tables beside my bed.

What storage solutions do your recommend for keeping an organised space: My room is like an attic so I have five big cupboards built into the walls for me to put all of my stuff in. I also like the white bookcase that I can keep a lot of stuff on (Mum said it is from Ikea).

What's next for the room: I’m not sure but I would like a desk area and computer in my room but Mum says no computer in my bedroom.

How can others achieve this look: Use lots of white, blue and red and Mum says don’t spend a fortune on furniture but look for vintage pieces that you can do up.









Thanks, Zack!

11 comments:

  1. That's so cute to hear it from a nine year old boy's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely room, one which will last zach for years to come. Love the surfer print pillowcases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great boys room! Love the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that this post if from Zack's perspective! The room is beautifully put together xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely room and a very cute post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cannt believe a 9 year olds bedroom is that tidy, surely wouldnt be for long...i think mum might of been tidying all day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, great blog. unsure of this room looks like it belongs to a 9 year old, a double bed?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Amanda, for inviting us to participate. We had a lot of fun and Zack got a real kick out of seeing his room up on the blog!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great room! i love the snowglobe collection!!

    ReplyDelete