Tuesday, October 13, 2009

{Ivy's Bedroom Tour}

Good morning! You're in for a real treat today as Wynona, designer of children's fashion label Ivy's Designs shares the secrets of her daughter Ivy's whimsical haven. Enjoy!


Who lives here: Ivy, 2 years.

Describe your style: Eclectic, fun and a little bit whimsical with a definite retro/vintage feel - much like Ivy's wardrobe. It's quite a girly retreat!

Where do you find inspiration: I am a magazine and blog addict. I find a lot of inspiration from real life interiors. Normally it's just a matter of throwing a whole lot of things together and seeing what works!

What's your favourite piece in your bedroom: I have a few favourites but I guess the Indian book shelf and the Love Mae wall decals. Ivy loves the Tiny Concept dolls and the pretend play wooden toys.

What are your favourite shopping haunts: I shop a lot online at Baby's Got Style and Etsy. I am also a regular at my local kid's boutique store, My Messy Room.

Are there any heirloom pieces: No unfortunately, but I am hoping some of the pieces will be passed down if Ivy doesn't destroy them in the meantime!

What has been your most extravagant purchase: The Indian shelf I purchased in Hong Kong and had shipped to Australia. The three sets of Love Mae decals.

Your best bargain buys: A few things from Ikea and the old wooden bench from an antique store.

Are you coveting anything: A bigger room (and house) would be great!

Are there any handmade touches: Lots! We're big fans of handmade items. I made some of the cushions and painted the shelf and bedside table. We have some of Ivy's artwork on display. Many of the decorations are handmade by craftspeople on Etsy and other fair trade organisations.

What storage solutions do your recommend for keeping an organised space: Everything has it's place. We have lots of little storage boxes and mini suitcases. Ivy's wardrobe is quite organised (sometimes messy, but organised nonetheless!).

What's next for the room: We just finished transitioning the room from a baby's nursery to a little girl's room, so not much will take place for a while.

How can others achieve this look: Use neutral coloured walls and furniture, with pops of colour in fabric and decorations. Mix boutique decorations with vintage and thrift finds. Personalise the room with handmade items.











16 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous room Wynona!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHDORABLE! I know I spelled that wrong, but I feel it conveys my true feelings about how much I LOVE this room! And - what a little cutie she is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! The ornate white arched shelf is magical. cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the Indian shelf and wall decals. What a lovely little girl's rooms.

    xo,
    cristin @ simplified bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful little girl's room. I love the Belle and Boo prints and the Indian bookshelf is amazing. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a beautiful room and that bookcase, amazing! If only my room as a little girl had been even half as breathtaking as this *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. Any little girls dream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi amanda, i got a kick out of seeing this post :)

    my next challenge is recreating this room in our new house!

    wynona

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice room! So many cute details, I can't pick 1 favourite. I love how it's all put together! She is one talented designer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this room!!! So cute!! And that shelf!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic childrens room. Who would not feel like a princess in here?
    Have a great day!
    Greetings from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!! love the whimsical touches - it's a girly room, a FUN room. Amanda I have a decor blog (includes garden design too) and am plannign to do an insert on kiddies berooms/ or decor for kiddies, so to speak. Would you mind if I linked to you, obviously with all the credits etc.etc. let me know!
    Gena
    http;//naturallyinspireddesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it....I love it....My daughter is about to be 12 in a month and she wants a big girl's room. If anyone has any great pics or ideas let me know. I wish she were two again -but I've got my little boy who is two so he keeps me busy, busy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. where can you get that shelf?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just luscious, but that's Wynona for you!
    Hope you're well Amanda!
    Tania
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that Indian book shelf is amazing! What a magical little girl's room!

    ReplyDelete