
... play, somewhere to dream, somewhere to make, somewhere to sleep, somewhere to work. Busy kids need a space suitable for all the different activities they enjoy. When setting up a childs room, think about what their room will be used for and try creating different nooks throughout the room. Avid readers would love a little reading corner, a desk would come in handy for budding writers and artists, a shelf to display (and contain) a special collection of wild animal figurines or a little basket for that much-loved collection of feathers, a coat rack to hang the plethora of sparkly costumes would make a young girls heart sing and a small table and chairs set would be perfect for lovers of tea parties. If your child is old enough, ask some questions like “what do you want to be able to do in your bedroom” and “when you grow up what do you want your room to be like”. You could even ask them to draw a picture of what they wish their room looked like which would make great inspiration for decorating.














Images via Desire to Inspire, Vida Style, Emma's Design Blogg, Make room for living, Home Beautiful magazine, Shop for Kids magazine, Real Living magazine, Alkemie, Cookie, Country Living.
Wonderful post full of inspiration. Thank you Amanda!
ReplyDeletethese rooms are just gorgeous, so many great ideas for decorating my own girls rooms, especially as they grow up! thanks
ReplyDeleteThat is some serious inspiration!!!! xx
ReplyDeletecompletely love the basket of feathers!! I collect feathers that I find on my long walks with my dog near the forest perserve!!
ReplyDeletexx
callie
love the 4th room. Drapes and chair .. perfect.
ReplyDeleteX V
Just love the kids rooms you have shared with us. I have bookmarked these posts for when my baby girl gets a bit older and we need to re-do her room.
ReplyDeletei love the 6th image down.
ReplyDeletethose Vietnamese light shades really appealed to me when I saw them in a mag. Was it real living??
Anyway, I sourced some similar ones here in Bris and they now adorn my daughter's room. love them.
If I had a kid...these would be the rooms i'd want to model their room after, so gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteJen Ramos
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com
Love this!! What great inspiration! Great picks!
ReplyDeleteoh i really want to have kids now! hopefully soon :)
ReplyDeleteReally love the Japanese lanterns in the bedroom. They're quite unusual, anyone know where I can get some like that?
ReplyDelete