Thursday, June 11, 2009

{Shades of blue}


Winter is well and truly here. Outside in the sunshine it's ok, we are called The Sunshine State after all, but the nights are cold and frosty. With the weather change I'm finding myself drawn to all shades of soft blue: from a pale ice blue, to tiffany blue and duckegg blue. I'll even throw in a hint of aqua for good measure. Do you find your inspiration changes as the seasons do?

Here is a collection of pretty blue images I find inspiring, I hope you do too.


For my fellow blue lovers, be sure to check back for a yummy duckegg blue giveaway I've teamed up with Australian design team Dandi to bring you. Keep your eyes peeled for that one!

28 comments:

  1. Its Duck egg blue and cream or soft aqua-y green and cream for my kitchen reno (one day!)so blue me anyday!!
    :)
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,
    Loved and really enjoyed discovering your blog ... the duck egg chandelier ... wow I really liked that ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shades of blue! That chandelier is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love blue. i consider some shades a neutral! beautiful pics x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore blue! I just checked out Dandi's products and they are gorgeous.

    I love your top right picture, partly because of the soft blue, the gorgeous chairs and the fabulous hydrangeas!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The staircase is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your inspirational blues... wish I had more in my house..

    as for your winter coolness... I'd trade it for my South Texas summer and temps in the mid-nineties this week...

    stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shades of blue posted! Great collage of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these images make me so ashamed of my house! I need to get me some of these great looks!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these blue inspirations too!
    xxTrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I love interior too! Thought about beeing an interior designer, but decided to go for echonomics.. But anyways..! I love the pictures you posted.. So romantic..! I'm wondering if I should post interior on my site as well as fashion.. well, well, we'll se about that! I'm about to read your blog now, can't wait to get started!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thrilled at discovering your blog so early in my blogging career (just started today ;3) I'm getting ready to move to a new apartment so I'm using this opportunity to furnish everything in a pretty, whimsically vintage style that is unlike my parents ultra-modern minimalist approach.
    I'll post pictures when I'm done, I'd love to see what you think as I'll certainly be inspired by your images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You Ausie's always throw me off guard when you talk about the seasons. I always have to stop and think. haha.

    http://www.louduk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blue..is my favorite colour..its so calming and relaxing. I wish it was winter here in the states..summer just started and I'm already sick of it lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful interior designs. i can definately imagine myself in these - very cozy and comfy.

    online art gallery
    www.sandikala.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your deco. Blues are so calming. I matted a pen and ink in blue the other day and it really looks good. Great job on decorating. Love your blog. www.TerpCreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So So So amazing...that's my color...my eyes are in heaven right now! My home is all this color so i could use some of those pieces...the chandelier gets an A+++...and those blue and white stairs...so want to do that! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That chandelier is yummy! When it's the right shade of blue, I could just eat it up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the chandelier and staircase. Gorgeous post Amanda. Have a great weekend.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this collection of pics ....

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the "pop" of blue. And that shade is so soothing, definitely a color to consider for future painting projects!

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful soft colors,I love the blues

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the last blue bedroom set! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have to say I adore the very first picture on this post <3 what do you call that style of blues and yellows? It has such a glamorously vintage feel. I'm getting ready to decorate my first apartment and I'm certainly going to come back to your blog again and again <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there, I just found your blog and love your style. I too have a LOVE for blue!

    ReplyDelete