Tuesday, June 9, 2009

{Paper Love}


Morning friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend? My family spent Saturday at the beach with some lovely friends of ours. The kids played in the sand, the men fished (remembering the bait might have helped!) and now we've all got a lovely rosy complexion. Three day weekends are the best.

I have a great artist to share with you today. I love, love love! papercuts, and Julene Harrison's work is a beautiful reminder of why I do. I love all her cute little quotes she uses, this is just one from a great profile of work, this poem was read at our wedding so it's a favourite of mine.

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love CC Cummings.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your weekend was so much fun! love the beach!!

    and how pretty is this paper cut!!!! i am amazed at the delicate cuts to make sure prettiness.

    callie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came here from Blogs of Note (congrats btw), and wow! I love your site! Lots of pretty stuff!
    Noice, I loike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - and such beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! I love it! I'm looking her up right this second! xoxo kitty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is pure talent, I dont have the patience to paper art--now I wish I did. By the way I love your page it makes me lil artist inside smile.
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a lovely long weekend. We were rained on!
    That paper cut is beautiful. I will be off for a look. Ta!
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about papercutting - even doing it! Well, for the first half hour at least! Julie's quotes are very clever.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so intricate and stunning! Off to look at more, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this... your blog is great...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings! This is my first time to visit your blog, and I love it! (: Swish and Swanky is such a fun title.

    and what a talented papercutter! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I don't have that kind of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! This is gorgeous, and that's a line from my all-time favorite poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous!

    -amanda
    http://meshandlace.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is one of my favorite poems:) it reminds me of that movie - in her shoes!! i love your blog.

    ReplyDelete