Wednesday, June 3, 2009

{DIY Project}


This little project has done the blog rounds already, but I've been meaning to post it here as a record for myself, and hope that it may inspire someone else too. I love DIY projects so I was pretty excited when this was posted a few weeks ago on one of my favourite blogs, This is Glamorous. These swanky little nightstands have been given a new lease on life with a fresh coat of paint and this great chevron pattern, they now serve as a hall console. Fabulous!


Instructions and pattern download can be found here, and now I must get organised for my daughters teacher of the deaf is visiting this morning. Wednesdays are always a little more chaotic and a lot more fun in this house. Have a beautiful day!

24 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog in Blogs of Note and am in love!

    -A
    (alibdubrow.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-vamping furniture is so much fun. These look great. Just this morning bought a big book on stencilling at the Op Shop for $2. Lots of ideas.....
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your header and email image, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your site is really awesome! i love stumbling onto cool sites accidentally! by the way, i'm new to blogger and really wanna know how you set your background to be your own pattern??? if you could take time out to explain that to me i'd really appreciate it!! ~ stephanie alaskaono.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a list of DIY projects I need to get to, yours looks great, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I wish to do a DIY that looks that fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous DYI project. Congrats Amanda on the Blogs of Note award!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Amanda, so delighted you linked to me! I LOVE your blog, so I feel tres honoured!!

    Looking forward to sharing beautiful things over a cyber cup of tea...

    Tania x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! i love the chevron pattern. were the tables new to begin with? they look it - and i like it when people are brave enough to customise new furniture. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How Missoni! Adore the chevron pattern! What a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. really cool idea...amazing how beautiful it has turned out...thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  12. It brightened my day to find your blog under blogs of note. Your blog is so fun and fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wwwwwwoooooooooowwwwwww

    ist so good

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved it visit me at stuffandthingswithalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i adore that chevron pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow that came out great! very cute! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! Just stopping in to say thank you for the lovely words and link-love :)

    Hope you're having a fantastic week,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks great, wish they would have told us the color of the accent paint.
    I am going to try this on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My Passport to Style , love this project you have some really uplifting ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely! I am just beginning to entertain the idea of painting some of the furniture in my house, can't wait to get started! :)

    ReplyDelete