
This morning we pulled out Callum's box of Derwents to do some drawing. I started work on an idea I've been toying with too. As Callum was sitting beside me he asked why I was using three of the same coloured pencils (it was three shades of green). I told him I was 'shading', a trick I learnt when I was a kid that makes drawings look more 'real'. He thought this was neat. Here is his first attempt at shading, I was very impressed!

Here are some snippets of my drawings too - they're small in size (only a few cm's each). I had this brilliant idea to make an 'interactive' map for the kids with moveable pieces representing the different countries. I should mention I saw something similar online but made from felt. Since I'm much more nifty with paper and pencils I thought this would be more achievable - although likely not as fun?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Love Callum's drawing (and your of course!)
ReplyDelete