
Since the arrival of baby number 3 my house has been somewhat chaotic. I'll admit we've had a difficult year. With Miss M's hearing impairment diagnosed we've invested all our time and energy into early intervention, and seem to be spending every other day in a doctors waiting room. Oh, and of course a new baby can be just a tad stressful.
With all that said, I feel like I'm loosing the battle. Until now. I have just been introduced to Fly Lady. I've signed myself up for her free newsletters and really feel this could be my saviour. Her '15 minute' approach makes it uber easy. Do you fly?
I've also decided today will be the first day of meal planning. I used to do this before Miss L was born, I'd write out our weekly meals and shop accordingly. Now we're doing a big shop once (or twice!) a week then a smaller shop every second day. The cost quickly adds up.
Wish me luck. I'll be sure to keep you updated on my progress. xx
I would love to sit down to some of those meals on that plan! I am always trying to think of what to cook for dinner. Would be good to be a little more organized. Amanda x
ReplyDeleteGood luck, that sounds like what I need. I'll wait till the new kitchen is finished then get organised.
ReplyDeletePlease blog your meal plans! I need inspiration. I looked at flying before but looked to far ahead and it looked all too hard.
ReplyDeleteAmanda - I have enough troubles just organising little old me, let alone a tribe! - I do often try to meal plan, otherwise i buy an expensive load of groceries only to get home and find out none of it really works together to even make one meal!!!
ReplyDeleteMy mum always used to say 'i wish someone would send me a weekly meal plan so i knew what to cook for the week' - so while i was away at boarding school i sent her a couple - lots of fun! x
Let me know how that meal planning works for you? Is it worth it. My three kids are so picky -that is our problem! It gets easier. I PROMISE.
ReplyDelete:)
Oh yes! I remember Fly Lady----I signed up for it a while ago and at first it was very helpful.
ReplyDeleteI did get frustrated with the number of emails that I got from her every day, however, and I eventually unsubscribed. Perhaps they've cut back since then? I'll be interested to hear how you go with her in the weeks ahead. Her tips really are great ideas and I'm glad to hear they're helping you bring a little order into what sounds like a challenging situation!