Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Around the world


I have a teeny tiny love of maps so I was quite excited when I discovered Swedish blogger Benita has posted instructions on how she made this map lamp. I'm always up for a DIY challenge. Instructions can be found here.

6 comments:

  1. ohh how fantastic is that lamp! i bet at night when turned on it looks absolutely amazing!
    thanks, now i have a new DIY.
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! Love maps too. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lamp, I would have used a bigger shade for more map!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a map addiction too. This lamp looks great. I have fiddles around with making a few different shades but have never made a map one. It would look fabulous in my boys' room.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another idea for a Christmas gift! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I have a love of maps as well.

    In fact, I just posted about a retro study table I found on ebay which has a large map of the world on top of it. Might not be everyone's taste but I love it.

    http://ishandchi.blogspot.com/2008/11/ebay-find-retro-study-desk.html'

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete