Wednesday, May 13, 2009

{My boys room}


My five-year-old son and I have began decorating his bedroom. His favourite colours are blue and red, which also happens to be mine for a boys bedroom! We picked up this shelf on sale at Target, similar to that available from Ikea, because now he's a big schooler (his term, not mine!) he needs more storage.

The shelves are filling up with all of his favourite things. It's really satisfying seeing it all come together! He likes his room clean and tidy and is a bit of a collector like his mother. He's began shutting his door of a day to keep his cheeky little sisters from riffling through his things while he's at school.

Further along this wall is a little red chair and his vintage painting I blogged about here. There's a wicker basket sitting next to it now that houses his toys and this beautiful bunting hangs from the ceiling made by my friend Rose.

Someday soon I'd like to replace his linen. The set he's using now is from Pumpkin Patch that I bought when he first transitioned from a cot to a big bed. It's still in beautiful condition, and the colours and patterns are gorgeous - blue, red, white and nautical.. but he's ready for a change. Can you suggest an online shop that might have something? (Preferably in Australia). I'd love navy and white.

21 comments:

  1. I get most of my linen from Ezibuy, they are in New Zealand though. But they have a website and post to us. Ezibuy.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, just gorgeous. As you know I am a fan of red, white and blue for little boys rooms! I am not sure of online stores, but Country road usually has a great range of red white and blue bed linen (summer is better than winter range for these colours) - unfortuntely not available in single, but I quite like how genourous they look on the kids beds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Little People's Linen in Brisbane and they have an online shop. My son has lovely navy and white Sheridan and they are now 4 years old and still look fantastic.
    Also Lilly and Lolly have an online store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great space for your son! the shelving unit is great with all his things. and the link to the chair and painting, love the red and that vintage paint is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have used adairs.com.au for linen - bought a quilt - nautical theme in red / blue there recently for my son
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking fantastic Amanda, well done.

    Not sure about linen...will keep my eye out for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try cottonbox.com.au ... they have some lovely linen at good prices. I recently bought these gorgeous quilt covers for my daughters.
    http://www.cottonbox.com.au/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=5942

    If you like red and navy how about this circus quilt ...
    http://www.cottonbox.com.au/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=6545

    Good luck and make sure you post a photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. His bedroom looks gorgeus! Great job!
    Have a nice day!
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great. My boys have blue, red and white n their room too and it always looks smart (well, maybe not always since they are not all that good at keeping their room tidy!) Those cube shelves are just so useful, they are multiply at my place. Love the suitcases too.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup I scooted straight over to Ezibuy! The Benson range is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bed Bath and Table often have something in these colour ways, and Adairs may as well. I second the Little People Linen - beautiful items. :)

    I am headed to a store across the road from them in the next couple of days, if you would like me to pop in and see if they have anything? I would be happy to snap an iphone pic and report back :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Callums room, it looks fantastic!!! Perfect for a boy of his age.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How satisfying to work together with your son on a room you'll both love!
    What a blessing that he loves clean and tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The arrangements on these shells are fabulous, and that little Paddington peeking out from the box is so cute. Your 5-year old has a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  15. just found your great blog!

    have a great weekend ~~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Padington Bear, heirloom memories!!! & im having a tiny giveaway for the delight resounding throughout blogland...beautiful wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lakeland Mini - gorgeous boys range!

    ReplyDelete
  18. www.kin-concepts.com. Based in Melbourne. Their navy, red and white Sam range is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, you definitely need one of my fabulous lampshades for boys' rooms! I have a great "Stars" range in either red with white stars, or navy with white stars - please take a look at www.littlelighthouse.com.au Would love to hear your thoughts!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your son's room is so lovely & tidy!
    We don't have bed linen, but have lots of prints, accessories, gifts & clothing online..
    All the best,
    Penelope
    www.ministyle.com.au

    ReplyDelete