
Last year I started a little collection. An ode to my love of Paris. I've been buying these teeny tiny vintage eiffel towers, I have 4 now. They're quite rare to come by, especially in Australia. But whenever I remember I'll hunt one down on ebay. My most recent one came from France, but my others have all been shipped out from America.
I saw this feature in an issue of Home Beautiful last year, the home owner had created a gorgeous little vignette declaring her love of Paris to the world. As well as Eiffel Towers big and small, she had these beautiful old maps of Paris that she had found on ebay and had framed.

You might like to try searching for one too, I enter vintage eiffel tower into the search. A couple of pages of items will usually come up, most often none of it's authentic. And alot of it's rubbish-y. But occasionally you'll strike gold, like this little one.
This is another one I'd love to buy, Muji's Paris in a bag but unfortunately they don't ship to Australia. It's sweet though isn't it? I think it would look fabulous displayed under a glass cloche.

I think things look nicer displayed en masse, and I like grouping things together in odd numbers. Tell me, what do you collect?
You will have to excuse my terrible images, I am a) in need of a new camera b) on a new laptop that has no editing software and c) scannerless.
Ohhh...you should've told me! I would've looked for something for you.
ReplyDeleteWait until you see the jeans I'm currently embellishing.
tea cups
ReplyDeletesilver spoons of all shapes
shells/small stones from around the world
photographs
just a small list of my collectables:)
xx
callie
I'm loving this idea! It's going in my decorating 'wish list' folder. Lisa xo
ReplyDeleteI have been wanting mini towers for awhile. Maybe I can open a US mail address and get it forwarded. I hear this can be done quite easy.
ReplyDeleteLove it! I also have an affection for Paris and things that remind me of it!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your lovely comments. x
ReplyDeleteKathryn, I didn't even think! Wish I had. Can't wait to see your handywork, I bet they're gorgeous.
Callie, I'd love to see your displays. :)
Simone, I just message the sellers before bidding and ask what postage will cost to Australia. They're all happy to send international. I think most have cost about $7 US which is pretty good. I found a vintage tower based in Melbourne probably 12 months ago that sold for over $100!! I'm happy to wait a little longer for delivery to save all that money.
I have an Eiffel tower collection as well. I have always wanted to take a trip to Paris, and collecting the towers is my little way of keeping the dream alive! I also collect white vases/pottery and wine corks.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea, not only is it a memento of each trip to the City of Light, but it adds a personal flair to your apartment/home. Fantastic idea, next time I'm there I'll pick up an Eiffel Tower and start my own.
ReplyDeleteReally deep sigh... Everyone is doing something French this week! I want to visit Paris more than ever! Perhaps someday it will come true!
ReplyDeleteYou have a lovely collection. I mostly collect custom jewelry and shoes...and tea cups!
Have a fantastic Wednesday!
p.s. I love your blog...it's fantastic!
You may have already seen them, or know about them but I saw Eiffel Tower topiary frames from Bed Bath and Table in the latest Country Home Ideas Magazine(p 116). Yes, not tiny, but novel and cute.
ReplyDeleteIrene x
Hi Amanda,
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for your comment!
Today I'm feeling better!
But I must stay home for the rest of this week...
Today is the first day that I'm be able to stay in front of my pc and look at your blog!
I lost a lot of interesting posts!
Hugs,
Federica.
Oh they are lovely! I agree they are hard to find in Australia - I've been looking! I foolishly threw out a small one I had on a key chain.. it had bad memories attached. Lovely collection!
ReplyDeleteI've painted with acrylic paints and powdery pastels an 'eifel tower at night'. I glued a diamonte gold star at the top. This is displayed proudly in my bedroom, and its the last thing I see before sleep. A constant reminder of a wonderful trip with so many memories ........ aaaaaah
ReplyDeleteI adore teacups!! I use them for my tea as well as vases for flowers from my garden or sometimes to pop a tealight inside!!
ReplyDeleteI remember that house in Home Beautiful - just gorgeous. My dream is to buy an Eiffel Tower in Paris one day.
ReplyDeleteso pretty :)
ReplyDeleteI too have a little Paris collection corner, that sits on our piano. I have a couple of those eiffel towers and the Muji set, which my daughter loves rearranging. My 30th birthday present last year was a surprise trip to Paris, and the Muji city in a bag was my clue!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful collection Amanda xxx
ReplyDeletei'm an Eiffel Tower collector, so i love this post!
ReplyDeletexox
I'm actually living in Paris and see every day literally over a thousand Eiffel Towers, ranging from the truly miniture to the quite fantastic multicoloured flashing light up kind!
ReplyDeleteIf you would infact like an Eiffel Tower dealer (of the genuine kind) I wouldn't mind walking up my road and grabbing a few to post off to you. Don't know how much it would cost to get it off to you, but at least you'd know they came direct from the streets of Paris!
Kate
They little Eiffel Towers look just lovely grouped together.
ReplyDeleteI collect buttons... I buy them often with the intention of turning them into brooches, but they look so sweet tucked away into the compartments of my old wooden slide box, all colour coded, that I prefer just to leave them be!
I recently raided my mums old button tin and now have some gorgeously retro buttons in there that i remember loving as a child, because they looked like lollies!
I love your blog by the way.