Monday, May 25, 2009

{I don't love Mondays}


Really. I don't. I feel like Monday's are a wasted day. I'm always a bit bummed that the weekend is over. So I'm never productive. Today I have loads of bags to unpack after our week away.

We arrived home Wednesday night after four busy, rainy days in Brisbane. I quickly tidied the house; my husband was home bachelloring it all week. I emptied, washed and repacked our bags ready to travel down to the farm on Thursday. We normally wouldn't go again so soon, a 3 hour drive seems like alot more with three young kidlets. But this week there was someone new to meet. A new little calf, who Mia was given naming rights to. She named him Ottis.


While I was away a parcel arrived. These two vintage fashion illustrations I bought on ebay. I posted about them here. And as luck would have it, not long after, the seller listed a few more. I won these two, I love the contrast of the black and white. I'm not sure how I'll get them framed though, do you think white matting and a thin black frame? Perhaps a silver frame. or white? What would you suggest?

12 comments:

  1. I think white. And I also dread Monday's. Something always goes wrong for me on Monday's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty.. I would go with a white matte for the darker one a black one for the lighter, and then go with some lovely silver frames. Or maybe just skip the mattes and go with an ornate silver frame. Go luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they need to be framed either in the style of their era or else a simple frameless clip frame to give them that 'artifact' look.

    I hope you enjoyed your days away

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOO! Don't think simple....think glamour! Frame them glamourously!
    Beautiful 50's ballgowns!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would actually love to see really rustic, antique looking gold frames on these, really wide in width and lots of white mounting. They are beautiful. What fabulous taste!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are really beautiful. You have a great eye for stylish items! Your my idol!!

    Frame...something stylish, intricate and glam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe a lovely wide white matting and a thin black or silver frame?
    They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning illustrations. I would either frame them as sketches... uber simple - the way you might frame any art.. something minimalist..

    or.. silver ornate glam..with a white matt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys, you've given me some great ideas! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, very pretty, but hang on, you were in BRISBANE?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should definitely set them off with something interesting, if it were me I'd do wooden frames with gold matting, too much monochrome could actually make these beautiful sketches fade into a world of shades of grey.
    But I guess it depends where they are going? :)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think a tarnished finished frame with a little floral detail would fit the sketching beautifully!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete