Wednesday, May 6, 2009

{Island Life}


Born into design dynasty, India Hicks home was destined to be fabulous. Daughter of design icon, the late David Hicks, heir to the British throne (and served as a bridesmaid for Princess Diana), model, author, creator of a beauty line, hotel owner and mother are just a few of the hats that she dons.




These images have been round the block (many a time) but I just love everything about the glamour mum. India, mum to three sons; Felix, Amory and Conrad, and daughter Domino, says "there are three key ingredients to being a happy, hands-on mum: space to run, a passport, and plenty of SPF 50 sunblock."









I love love love this gorgeous island home in the Bahamas. India's style is so natural and comfortable; drawing inspiration from her environment, yet the plantation style decor is also very elegant, much like her. These pictures make me dream of an island escape. Bliss!

Images via Cookie and Domino

12 comments:

  1. Isn't she gorgeous, I'm a big fan too. I would love to pop in for a cocktail one afternoon, her book makes it look like life is one long holiday. I actually have the exact box she has on one of her tables in that book, that's where our similarities end though, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous. You are also a glamour mum to four children Tania!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so glamour and her house is amazing! Lucky girl!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine living on a tropical Island, I have her book and even though its a few years old now I never get bored with her casual, natural style x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Images like that, we can never grow tired of, it is the life so many of us are dreaming or aiming for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems that India really does have it all! This is one of my favourite books and as lily-g says, it never dates - it's beautiful and inspiring.

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, her place is incredible. She is such a stylish lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She makes me giggle Amanda, can you imagine swanning about in a backless evening gown with 4 kids running about? Between catching falling vases and stopping scribble on the walls she'd struggle tomaintain the perfection of that dreamy house for one second if she was me. She must have an army of staff at that house!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! All of it! Love the headboard and workspace especially. And how cute is her dog on the chairs?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a dream life hey? I have her book also, and it really is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so adorable. How cute is her baby girls dress!

    ReplyDelete