I went hunting this weekend for some inspiration for my girls doll house. My Grandad made it for me when I was a tot and it's very special to me because he is no longer with us. I love that I can now pass it down to my girls. He was quite the handyman and a true sweetheart.
The outside paint has faded over the years and I think it could probably do with a new colour scheme. I've had a request for pink so now I must find the perfect shade for a little girls desire.
Oh, and I've also been hunting for the perfect little giveaway prize!
Amanda x
P.S. Thank you for all the lovely comments. It's always nice to hear from you.




Oh I love dolls houses... I dreamed of one all of my child hood.
ReplyDeleteMy lucky princess has one at 2, but I need to do the re-paint as well... and of course find all the perfect furniture as any girly mummy would do! (I have hand me down furniture, but it just isn't the same!)
How this doll house came to be to a lucky 2 year old, well my husband's grandfather made a hobby of making the most divine houses, with working lights at all.
Unfortunately we didn't have children before he passed away, so my husband's sister has kindly loaned hers to us until she is a Mummy with little girls... I am secretly hoping it is a long time away, it really is my dream come true!
I think these very special dolls houses are a lost art... I look forward to seeing your perfect pink house!
Everything's crossed that she only has boys Shell! Your house sounds amazing.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a teenager I used to save up and buy all that beautiful hobby doll house furniture. There's ceramic people, and little glass fruit bowls. Small upholstered chairs and iron saucepans. Before I gave it to my girls I packed it all away in a box and bought some cute wooden furniture on ebay. Do a search and you'll find some great things.
I would've LOVED a doll house when I was a little girl.
ReplyDeleteThis one looks particularly Ikea-ish; I'm prefer a traditional look for dollhouses myself. ;)
I want to live there!
ReplyDeletesx