Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Perfect form


Two posts in one day must mean something special! I bought this beautiful antique dressmakers mannequin on ebay last night. I'd been eyeing it off for the ten days it was listed and just couldn't let her go. The body is actually made of timber whereas most of the older mannequins have a paper body underneath the linen cover. No stains and no marks, she's in fantastic condition. It's being shipped over from France. Tres exciting!

8 comments:

  1. You are very lucky to have bought something so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just exquisite. :) I would love one as well but my budget doesn't stretch anywhere near it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh what a beauty!
    Are you going to leave her plain or decorate her somehow? What did you end up doing with your wedding hairpiece... would it suit your new mannequin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting, not sure how I'll survive the next two weeks until she arrives and I can stop being a dork and looking at the picture online.

    I'm not sure Nisha, she'll live next to my old desk. I'll post a photo once she arrives and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting!! What a great find...I love the wall behind as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so beautiful, you are an ebay demon. Such great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She will need a name!

    ReplyDelete