
It's no secret that I love searching ebay, in fact one anonymous person left me a comment directing me to this link. Well I assure you I'm not a shopaholic (thanks for the chuckle though!) but I do have a love of vintage pieces and I always only bid within our budget.
One of my favourite things, that I would love to own is a vintage portrait painting. These are a few of my favourites that I've spotted over time. Aren't they gorgeous?
I have a visitor arriving today so I'm taking a long weekend from the computer and blog updates to celebrate her birthday. Have a great weekend. xx
My grand mother painted a portrait of me when I was about 2-3 years old. My Mum has it hanging in her bedroom. I love it.
ReplyDeleteVintage portraits freak me out a little ... my Dad commissioned one of my Mum in the 1960s and it used to hang above their bed. I always thought it odd, even as a 4 year old.
ReplyDeleteThose paintings scare me Amanda LOL
ReplyDeletex Cat
Well, the anonymous comment with the link gave me a giggle. I enjoy your blog.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I honestly never thought of them like that. I wonder if they would frighten my children?
ReplyDeleteSimone, that sounds gorgeous! That will make a lovely family heirloom one day.
I also love Vintage portrait. I think they look gorgeous in any kind of decor. In case you don't know about this artist take a look here. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5535176
ReplyDelete