Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lola's bedroom update

Today I thought I'd share some of my plans for Lola's new bedroom. Some I've shared before but it's now beginning to come together so please bare with me. I never set out with a style in mind but rather collected things I love and slowly a style has evolved. As I'm decorating on a budget, all of my purchases thus far have been bought for under $40 - the little vintage dress cost $36 and has been my biggest expense to date. I'm going to splurge on fabric.


I absolutely fell in love with these images on Desire to Inspire. Anna from Absolutely Beautiful Things stocks a gorgeous floral fabric similar to this in her shop Black and Spiro. It looks like a field of wild flowers doesn't it? I'm not going to attempt the upholstery myself (all that diamond pleating!) but I am going to sew a matching valance like on the bed above.

This is the fabric we've chosen, I'm so in love with it! The timber frame will be painted white.

This was another great ebay purchase, a vintage childs mexican dress. I'm going to have it framed in a white frame and hang it above her bed.

I love gypsy tables. I'm going to paint this one white and use it as a bedside table.

My mother-in-law was getting rid of this dresser when I was pregnant with Lola so I brought it home and painted it in a high gloss pink. It's such a beautiful finish.

And last, this vintage ballerina lamp was given to me by my mother. I'm going to pair her with a new lamp shade.

19 comments:

  1. You have the eye for it Amanda! You need to go into interior design woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its all so pretty! Can't wait to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that fabric is so beautiful, would look great on the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda - you have done it again, stunning - you are seriously the ebay queen - that dress is just beautiful art, i want one! Any chance you can come and do my bedroom??? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the finished project. I know it will be just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It IS coming all together...I am excited to see it all pulled together. I bet she is so excited too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see it! I'm a bargain shopper also. This will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is going to be soooo pretty.. can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dresser, it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can not wait to see! I love it already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amanda you've done a fantastic job! Everything looks amazing thus far. I can only imagine how excited she is! I can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous pink dresser! Such a great colour you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning little girls room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all so much for the lovely comments! I really can't wait to see it all come together. I've dropped the little dress off at the framers so that's quite exciting. I've also picked out a gorgeous lamp shade.

    Maria (Colour me happy), I'm chuffed that you like the paint colour I chose. I love reading your blog!

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to see this room come together! It will surely be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete