
One thing my dream home would have is a floor to ceiling bookcase and built in storage like this gorgeous image above of Kelly Wearstler and her kidlets two. I mean, you know it's special when you need a library ladder!
My grandparents home in country Victoria, of which I have wonderful childhood memories has one large wall of built in shelving in their living room with beautiful white timber doors opening in the middle. I'd love that in my home. I'll have to see if I can dig up an old photo.
Image via Turquoise Chic
Just another dream we have in common. I'd love to see a picture of you grandparents library wall if you can find one
ReplyDeleteYes, any library that needs a ladder is very special. We went to an open house at the weekend, and it had one too, not quite on the scale of Kelly Wearstlers, but lovely all the same.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=105579016&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=10815904&s=vic&tm=1237181488
I'd love a book case as well, and a ladder too, I think with the amount of books we own, we could fill four walls of a room....but alas I have a little boy who wouldn't be able to resist the temptation, of those lovely big ladders, so my bookcase dreams will have to stay on hold for a few years to come....
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful! Isn't Kelly Wearstler impossibly glamourous?
ReplyDeletefloor to ceiling book shelves are amazing! how sweet it would be to have a ladder, what would be a dream indeed! :)
ReplyDeletehi amanda,
ReplyDeletethank you for the comment. I would greatly appreciate the magazine! but if it is too much trouble i am planning on getting some overseas wedding magazine subscriptions with good ol K Ruds money anyway. haha
thank you
ps loving the colours of your blog!
xfrom
summerpicnicwedding.blogspot.com/
I'm saving this image because it is so beautiful. I love books and great ways to display them.
ReplyDeleteps i've given you an award :)
ReplyDeletexx
i spend my free time trying to come up with ways to work a library ladder into my design scheme. i'm obsessed.
ReplyDeleteThis is one of those blogs that I am so glad I ran across! GREAT
ReplyDeleteYour grandparents home sounds beautiful Amanda, hope you get to show us some pictures. Love floor to ceiling bookcases too. Hayley
ReplyDeleteI love those library ladders, but only ever seem to see them in magazine pictures ... I've never come across one in a real home. I still want one, though.
ReplyDeleteA huge wall of bookshelves with a sliding ladder is right at the top of my wish list (unfortunately not my get soon list though!) One day though!
ReplyDeleteClare x