Wednesday, September 2, 2009

{I can't wait}


I've had some really sad news regarding my husbands health this week, so it certainly cheered me up when I received an email from Anna of Black and Spiro letting me know my order of this lovely Mandalay fabric has been posted. Thanks to a nice little tax return, I am finally getting my wingchair and ottoman recovered. Yay!

This fabric, used above on a pretty headboard and cushion by Anna (via Hayley and Tracey's blog Porchlight Interiors) has long been a favourite of mine. I have a folder (both on my computer and in real life) with pictures I've cut or saved whenever I catch snippets of the gorgeous fabric. The first time I saw it was really quite an embarrassing story about me pleading with Mia's audiologist to take home an old issue of Notebook magazine that was sitting in her waiting room. I did however return with a small stack of magazines I was willing to part with for the exchange!

31 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about the good news and the fabric from Anna is the cream on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! I will be thinking happy positive thoughts and you will be in all my prayers tonight!.
    That fabric is quite sweet and I can see why you would want this fabric, soooo very pretty!
    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! I will be thinking happy positive thoughts and you will be in all my prayers tonight!.
    That fabric is quite sweet and I can see why you would want this fabric, soooo very pretty!
    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous fabric! Sorry to hear about your sad news. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am thinking of you with your sad news. And sending some healthy vibes to your husband.

    That fabric is DEVINE. OMG, its just beautiful! How exciting to know it is on its way. Did you have to order a minimum amount?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind thoughts. xx

    Rosie, I think all of Anna's fabrics are available by the meter. I ordered 8 for my chair and ottoman.

    x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the pretty fabric brightens your day Amanda! Be sure to post photos of your chair once it is completed!!

    Wishing you all the very best.

    xo
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fabric IS beautiful! I'm glad you will get to have some of it. Sorry about your husband's health. Hope all goes well and he regains his health.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad the package arrived in time to perk you up a little :-) Imsure you'll have an even bigger smile on your face when you sink into that newly upholstered wingchair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Shaun is ok Amanda? And yay for the fabric! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hugs Amanda. Beautiful fabric - looking forward to seeing your new chair and ottoman! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. My prayers are with you and your husband, I hope he’s fine. The fabric though is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I’m glad you cheer up a little. Hope everything is well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your husband is in my prayers!!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. sad news in spring that's not supposed to happen! thinking of you.
    glad it's not just me that finds the inspiring stuff in other peoples magazines....it's always the ones you can't keep that you covet

    ReplyDelete
  16. sorry to hear you've had a sad week, i hope things turn around for you all... sending positive thoughts your way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thinking and praying for you and your hubs. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey beautiful. I hope the sad news is about your husbands health is only a temporary situation.

    Beautiful fabric and nothing like a good old tax refund spending spree to make you feel good. Stunning choice xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry about your sad news... hope he gets well soon.
    that fabric is simply divine! big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, I absolutely adore your site and I just had to leave a note for you to say so !

    Your posts are interesting, creative and original, and your pictures are great too.

    Perfection !

    Thank you for sharing them all and best wishes... Happy September

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabric is gorgeous, and I too have had the odd waitingroom moment when I wonder if its safe to tear a page out, and then feel all hot with the shame of it. Hope your hubby doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope things are looking better for you both really soon. I'm thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope everything is ok with your Husband Amanda...

    I LOVE that fabric. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amanda, so sorry to hear that you've had some sad news, but here are some happy healthy vibes to give to your husband - ~~~~~. Hope all improves soon, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, Amanda, I have the first 2 plus years of Notebooks sitting here!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry to hear about your sad news, Life is sometimes so unfair. The fabric is gorgeous, cannot wait to see the finished product.

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sorry about your husband's news. prayers here in AZ. Hang in there and be positive.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That fabric is absolutley amazing!!! I hope everything works out with your husbands health!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the fabric used, it is so lively but does it have many colors or is this it?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I happened to visit this post today and I really sympathize with your husband's health ordeal and I hope that the fabric that is shown here can have a positive effect on him.

    ReplyDelete