Monday, August 31, 2009

{Happy Monday}


My daughter is arriving home today after a few days spent with her Nanny on the farm. I've missed her so much but have enjoyed her bedtime phone calls telling us all how much she has missed us and filling us in on her days. It's amazing how quickly they grow.

I have caught up on a few things I've been wanting to do for eons, like painting my little cupboard (I have a few more coats to do and then I will share it sitting in our entryway with all of our little treasures perfectly arranged). We even started our Christmas shopping on Saturday while we were child-free from which we got many mixed reactions from our families. "But it's only August!" and "what, you're only just starting now?". Tsk tsk.

23 comments:

  1. Christmas shopping ~~
    Oh my goodness ~!~
    I guess the season is approaching...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous little cupboard. I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! A perfect yellow colour.

    Haha I can never get my act together to buy christmas gifts early. I'm one of the people you'll see madly rushing about on christmas eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the little cupboard is looking pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cabinet looks great, the perfect shade of yellow! Good for you starting your Christmas shopping early, I am right behind ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cheery colour! can't wait to see it all set up!
    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work! love the sunny yellow.

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant wait to see your little cupboard when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed...by both the cupboard and the shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely yellow and you can NEVER start too early with Christmas presents!
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous cupboard - and you painted it the perfect yellow! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cupboard looks fab!Never thought of using yellow to paint furniture..mm..an idea!
    Jas

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's looking good! Painting shows off the moulding so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE IT! That's it...consider yellow grown on me! What a gorgeous piece to greet people as they come in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks fantastic Amanda. I can't believe you have started your Christmas shopping, now I feel slack xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet Cabinet...and I'm posting about Christmas shopping tomorrow. Stop By..it's a great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your cupboard and the color is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love what you're doing with this cupboard!

    i saw christmas trees in David Jones on the weekend (not decorated yet) and i couldn't believe it's getting to that time of year!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful warm butter yellow..
    Have just discovered your blog - it's a slice of heaven!
    Would love it if you stopped by and visited...
    http://checksandspots.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful! the colour is very similar to the one i was using today on a birdhouse. am loving the happiness of yellow at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! That is too early to do Christmas shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw! Your daughter is so sweet! And the yellow cabinet is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete