Tuesday, August 25, 2009

{Happy happy joy joy}



My fave, Sharnel's yellow desk that has been given the Anna Spiro touch.

Via Country Living

I just love these furniture pieces that have been painted in shades of yellow. Yellow is my happy colour, it makes my heart sing. Later in the week two of my three children are off on a little escape with their grandparents so with the house a little less frantic, I'm finally going to tackle my little cupboard project. The paint I've bought is a great Dulux paint, aptly named Happy.

25 comments:

  1. Oh...I think yellow is creeping up on me more and more. Loving it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, what a happy cheery yellow post!
    Love each piece, hard to decide on a favorite with such a lovely colour.
    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pretty yellow pops! Hope to see your finished product! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow is such an uplifting colour. Love the little desk too, but especially love the TV cabinet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that yellow!!! You have such great taste, I love reading your blog. Keep it up, Swish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah you are back! I can't wait to see your next little project.

    Hope everything is well with you.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back Amanda! Yellow is my favourite colour of all time! all these pictures are beautiful and inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really loving yellow right now. We're getting ready to re-do our guest room with a neutral base, but with yellow and green accents. This gave me even more of an itch to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT yellow accent and love the name. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Yellow! My favourite colour. Especially a soft creamy buttery yellow.
    Have fun painting, look foward to seing the end result.
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hip Hooray! Amanda is back to play!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I especially like that last cupboard - lovely soft matt yellow that would catch the sunlight beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shapes and curves of these pieces and as much as I try to resolve myself with white on white I have to admit these yellows are very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to swear against yellow (is my mum's fav colour and in my teenage rebellion, you don't like anything your mum likes) - but its now one of my favs (and yet another indication I am so like my mother it is scary!!) - SOOOO good to have you back in bloggy land Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back, Amanda!
    It's funny - I never really liked yellow. Nor orange. But the older I get and the more beautiful ways I see these colours being used, I am falling deeply in love... In fact, my next kids book features main colours of orange and yellow - go figure!!
    Have missed your posts, and can't wait to see your project!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yellow is such a lovely color. I adore that first room, I want to move into it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yes, yellow is such a happy color! I adore that last piece of furniture! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great to see youre back! (are you sick of hearing that?!!) I do so love the yellow, my favourite though is that very acid yellow used with grey - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As much as I try to reign myself in to the white on white landscape brushes with colour such as these keep luring me away. I just love the curves and contours of these pieces. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. I definitely agree! Yellow is such a happy beautiful color. If I could have another wedding I'd have a yellow wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yum... this furniture is so fab. Yellow is may favourite colour - it's just so sunny and relentlessly cheery (and you need a bit of that in Scotland!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yellow is really growing on me, and in this pics, is just beautiful! Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  23. yellow is so happy... perfect for spring. it's great to see you are back.please show us your finished cupboard

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE yellow and I too have some projects that have been on hold for a while, I might just have to get some 'Happy' this weekend and get painting!

    ReplyDelete