Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lovely lilac?

My baby girl is growing up and since she's never much been a fan of sleeping in her cot I have been hunting for the perfect little bed. Ebay has once again came through for me with this sweet deep buttoned headboard (purchased for a bargain price!) that I'll pair with an ensemble decked out in white linen. I'm going to paint it white and have been thinking about having it upholstered in lilac? Or perhaps a soft shade of pink? I'm leaning towards the lilac. What do you think?

14 comments:

  1. ooohh - lilac... what a great find!Can't wait to see the completed project:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little girls room is all white with a deep lilac feature wall. It's a very relaxing colour the lilac - it's gives her room a lovely feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you do well on ebay? That is a beautiful headboard and I think it would look superb in white and lilac. I would definitely go with the lilac while you can - in my experience, most little girls end up hankering after pink so it is good to get in with a different colour while you still can!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find. It will look fabulous when finished. Lilac would be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely lilac, you can always bring pink into the bedroom with accessories. Anna from ABT had two upholstered bedheads made for my daugthers room and they are just gorgeous!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another vote for Lilac here! With crisp white linen, it'd look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. what a find... lilac sounds so pretty.. can't wait to see pictures of what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. really sweet headboard, I suggest lilac, but that's just because I love purple. Take a look at this headboard for more ideas

    http://www.housetohome.co.uk/galleries/bedroom/Glamorous_bedroom_8300.html?subslug=

    Take care,
    Lisa

    P.S great blog, I'll be sure to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your comments! I promise to share pictures when it's complete. x

    I'd love to see a picture of your daughters beds Sharnel. Chances are I've already seen them on ABT and didn't realise you were the lucky new owner. Have you posted them on your blog?

    Thanks for sharing that link Lisa! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. excellent find! this is so great and i hope she loves it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a terrific headboard---she's going to love it! and lilac would look perfect. can't wait to see pictures of how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lilac for certain. As a little girl I detested pink. Lilac is much more forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lilac!
    it's going to be so pretty! can't wait to see it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love pink but I can definitely see that headboard in lilac...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete