Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sorry neglected blog!


We have been enjoying our time back in the Hunter Valley. I was a little {ok, alot} hesitant about coming back here after the fabulous time we were having in Brisbane. This is the town I grew up in. It's a little town about three hours drive from Sydney, with two small primary schools, one high school, no bookstores but plenty of pubs. I believe people who grow up in country towns fall into one of two camps, those who stay put their entire lives, and those who flee the place at lightening speed. I fell into the latter.

As I said though, we've been having a splendid time. Callum has taken up guitar lessons; each Tuesday we go into the local music store for his lesson. And him and Mia have both enrolled in dance classes. Mia is taking ballet, and Callum has joined a boys hip hop class. His teacher travels up from Newcastle each week, he's a really cool guy who the kids all adore, might have something to do with him performing backflips on request!

Last week we travelled up to Port Macquarie. There's a really relaxed vibe about the place, reminds me alot of Hervey Bay. We shopped, walked along the beach front, ate delicious food and as luck would have it the circus was in town so off we went to that in the evening. The circus was fantastic, the trapeze artists were amazing.

We have also been swimming, baking, drawing, playing Lego and all the usual fun stuff. While my feet are still itching to pick up where we left off in the city, we are certainly going to enjoy our time in the country.

1 comment:

  1. I fled to the city but then realised that I wanted my kids to grow up with all the great country living memories that I grew up with. It funny you talk about Port Macquarie as that somewhere we want to investigate moving too one day.

    ReplyDelete