Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Something old, something new

Last night I was looking through boxes we haven't unpacked since moving here last year and I found 'souvenirs' I'd packed away from our 2006 wedding. It was quite funny reading through the guestbook and I think I can safely say who left their mark towards the end of the night, when the bar was running dry!

Tucked away carefully in a little box was my fascinator I had custom designed by Sydney's favourite milliner, Neil Grigg. I'd mailed him some silk scraps of my antique pink wedding gown fabric and let his creative genius run with it.

So now I'm thinking about giving it a new life. Seems a shame for something so pretty to spend its days hiding in a box. Should I sew it onto a cushion, a lampshade maybe. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Oh I cant possible agree with the rejuvenation...its too pretty and signed by Neil Grigg!

    I would put it away with your wedding dress to treasure forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just feels like a shame, I think it should be displayed! Surely I could do something with it while still leaving it in tact?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly stunning.

    What about a simple frame, that way dust couldn't get to it? Or a bell jar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pippa - problem solver extraordinaire! A bell jar is the perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh AManda, once again you have inspired me! I am going to go upstairs RIGHT NOW, and unpick the gorgeous brooch from the back of my wedding dress, and pin it to my bedside lamp, for some extra sparkle. It will inspire me to hurry up and get some gorgeous new lamps as planned!

    ReplyDelete