Tuesday, November 10, 2009

{Not all girls like pink}


It's true. Not all little girls dream of pink rooms. My two daughter's really are chalk and cheese. My 4-year-old is your typical tulle-loving princess who requests everything in pink {oh, and the occasional red} and has since she could speak her first words. I'm pretty sure her first word was pink, actually. My youngest daughter is far more outgoing and seems to enjoy an array of colours. When given the opportunity, she usually asks for blue. Blue ice-blocks. Blue hairbands. Blue shoes.

Here is a collection of some of my favourite not-your-typical girls bedrooms. If you have a daughter that doesn't love pink, think outside the box.

















Thanks so much for being patient with me last week while I recovered. xx

Images 1 to 6 via Ish and Chi. Image 7 via Shop 4 Kids magazine. Image 8 via Home Beautiful magazine. Image 9 via Make room for living. Image 10 and 11 via If the lampshade fits. Image 12 via French atmosphere. Image 13 via Cookie. Image 14 via Desire to Inspire. Image 15 via Emma's blogg. Image 16 via Alkemie.

24 comments:

  1. I think I want that owl pillow for myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this post. You have now given me the inspiration for my youngest daughters (3yrs old) bedroom. That powder, almost white blue will be perfect with her red/yellow/green quilt. I have been searching for the right color. Thanks again.

    Tiffanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty rooms!

    Glad you're better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great images of not pink rooms!! love that large tree, and the room with the stripes on the walls (last image)
    and the blue walls with the large floral print.

    The rooms with red are pretty rocking to!

    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter only started liking pink about a year ago at 7, up until then it was orange ...me not so much a fan of orange , my other daughter loves green , never has liked pink , now pink I love , very enjoyable.
    I just did a room for a little 3 yr old , all she said to me was that she wanted "pink" and more pink , she got a lovely pink room , it was a dream to do.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! So pretty and bright! Love the first three pics the most! Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG such gorgeous rooms! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everyone of these rooms :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely rooms, my fave is fourth from bottom - lovely and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing these wonderful and diverse rooms. Lots of inspiration to be found in all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm absolutely loving this series. I have a 18 month old who is still in her "baby" room but I'm always looking for ideas for her when she is in a big girl room. I'm not a big fan of all pink and my daughter doesn't have a preference yet so I'm leaning towards yellow with black accents. Thanks for all the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic. I am so with you. The last pic represents my toddlers room the best. Love it all. Thanks for the posting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh so lovely rooms! I have two boys, so my pink love is not completely covered... but after seeing these beautiful colors I wouldn't know which to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing! I love them all - esp. the green bed with red accents - so unexpected! My little girl loves pink & purple right now. Her room though is a bright cornflower blue. I'm anxious to see what color she develops into as she grows!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your entries about children´s room.
    Please continue sharing this cute interviews.

    My daughter Sofia who is 4 loves blue, everything in her life must be blue !!!!

    But her room is pink !!!! I think I must make a change soon !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My two girls have to share and the eldest is a true Pinkaholic but my little one is a bit of a wild one and loves green. I m still trying to figure out how to design a room that is welcoming to a Pink Princess and a whirl wind green clad action girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did it!! I painted my daughters' room blue because of your post. Thanks so much for the idea. I posted pics on my blog, but it's not nearly done being decorated. I also posted a link to your site since I got the idea from here. Thanks so much.

    Tiffanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favourite bedroom is the one with the tree. All of these look like magical rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Soooo Cute! Love the big piece of square fabric on the little girl's wall!
    Jen Ramos
    'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
    www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete